- AwesomeThis is not only great for the planet, but also a fantastically fun and free way to live.
- FeasibleYou can do this too, and we’ll show you exactly how to do it.
- NecessaryEven if this wasn’t fun or easy, this is what we need to do right now.
We are the solution, not the protest.
Unlike other ‘hippie communities’, we are not shutting ourselves off from the world. We are doing everything possible to make this lifestyle universally appealing. We will be as loud as possible so that we’re either loved or hated, but never unheard of.
Earthships make this possible.
Earthships are sustainable structures invented by the brilliant Michael Reynolds. They provide their own food, water, energy and heat while remaining 100% off-the-grid. This means zero rent, zero utilities and zero grocery bills. You wake up every morning with absolute freedom, while also helping the planet.
For more information on how this works, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What stage are you in now?
Where are you located?
What does 100% self-sustainable mean?
Why should we live self-sustainably?
- 1) Freedom – When you provide your own food, water and energy, you do not need to work in order to survive. You OWN your life! Consequently you have more free time to dedicate towards helping the world. Right now the world needs people who can dedicate their lives to bringing about change.
- 2) Environment – Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that we are destroying the Earth at a rapid pace. By living self-sustainably, you remove your contribution to this problem.
- 3) Health – GMO’s, processed foods, preservatives, additives, oh my! Seemingly the only way to avoid eating toxic food nowadays it to grow it yourself. By living self-sustainably, you take full control over what you put inside your body.
What do you mean by communal living?
Why should we live communally?
- 1) A better question might be why would you want to live alone? We’ve been trained to think that the ultimate is owning your own house with your own dining room table. Yet when people have that, they yearn for friends to come over. Our fondest memories are with other people because humans are social beings. This is not to say that privacy will be lost, only that friends will never be too far.
- 2) Communal living is far more efficient. Why do you need to own your own lawnmower when you can use a communal lawnmower whenever you want? Why make your own dinner every night if you can divide the task among many people? Community allows you to free up even more of your time and resources than you gained back by living self-sustainably.
- 3) A team of individuals is greater than the sum of their parts. Working with other people is far more powerful than working by yourself. The variety of ideas, skills and interests make for explosive possibilities. Especially when you’re trying to change the world ;)
How are you funding this project?
- 1) The project already has massive support by local business who have committed to donating thousands of dollars in plants, trees, soil, labor, lumber, etc. over the next few years. Marc’s father also happens to own a string of wineries, so we have access to tons of construction & excavation equipment.
- 2) We know how to get funding for a documentary. The project has already sparked interest among some Hollywood types who have requested for us to report back in a few months on our progress.
- 3) Kickstarter. We’re in process of designing the perfect Kickstarter to garner both funding and attention for the community. Judging from our graphic design and video production skills, it’s going to be one damn sexy Kickstarter.
- 4) We will be selling products on our online store (coming soon) to help support the cause.